Friday, August 11, 2017

Get 'em moving

It never fails that when I need to get something done, my kids are full of energy and can't sit still. We try to get outside and play whenever we can, but it isn't always practical when I'm in the middle of something or we only have a few minutes between projects. So I always make sure I have backup.

Go noodle is probably our favorite kid activity website. It has lots of different videos and games that involve movement for kids, everything from yoga to sports training. My younger daughter really loves the guided dance videos, and my older daughter loves the Run with the pros segments where you do a mock track event with training tips from Olympic athletes.




I absolutely adore Cosmic Kids yoga. In each yoga story, Jaime tells a story complete with yoga movement for kids. I get a good workout from these, too! The channel also has guided meditations and relaxations for kids, shorter "yoga disco" dance videos, and stories to listen to without movement.



Although probably not as pedagogically sound as the other two, Bo on the Go is a long time favorite here. In these cute videos, Bo asks kids  to give her energy by moving with her. They run, jump, crawl, and other movements to help her solve the problem.

When all that fails, we can usually blow up a balloon and bat it around, play Simon Says, or do some basic jumping games - but it's always good to have a few things I can put on for my kids to do while I get my own work done.

What do you like to do when your kids need a brain and movement break?

No comments:

Post a Comment