Friday, October 20, 2017

Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere

It's that time of year again where minds go to one thing: pumpkins.

Give me a minute to finish my latte.

Okay! Anyway, there are so many good books, videos, and printables about pumpkins that I almost don't know where to start.



Okay, I'll start with Spookley. I love Spookley the square pumpkin. It's a book about being different and being accepted for just who you are, so of course I adore it.



Five little pumpkins is a classic rhyme and one of our favorites. This little board book is lovely, but make sure you also learn the ginger play for which there were So many developmental benefits.




Becky from This Reading Mama, who is one of my favorites, had two great freebies: a Pumpkin poetry pack and a Pumpkin literacy activity pack which includes nonfiction reading, comprehension, and vocabulary activities.

But what about math?
I found two amazing resources for hands on math activities using pumpkins. Math cats and Math wire.

AND these two free printable math resources Pumpkin bump math center game and for older kids Pumpkin order of operations puzzles

Did you think I forgot science? Check out this great Pumpkin life cycle packet.

And what might be my new favorite, this pumpkin chunking physics video:






No comments:

Post a Comment